Common signs and symptoms of colorectal cancer include:
- A change in bowel habits
- Diarrhea, constipation or feeling that the bowel does not empty completely
- Blood (either bright red or very dark) in the stool
- Stools that are narrower than usual
- General stomach discomfort (frequent gas pains, bloating, fullness and/or cramps)
- Weight loss with no known reason
- Constant tiredness
These symptoms may be caused by colorectal cancer or by other conditions. It is important to check with a doctor.
For more information on colorectal cancer and screening, talk with your doctor or go to anthem.com. Also, visit the following sites:
National Cancer Institute: cancer.gov
American Cancer Society: cancer.org
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov
National Institutes of Health: nih.gov
The road to good health is yours to travel. But you don't have to do it alone. Whether you're managing a health condition or making changes in your life like quitting bad habits or getting in shape - we can help. Check out our new classes and resources below. Contact us to set personalized health and wellness goals and learn about the programs available to you.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!